At Women Partners we offer comprehensive gynecological care for females from the age of adolescence through post-menopause.
The American College of OB/GYN recommends that sexually active females and all females over the age of 18 have a well woman exam each year. Yearly pelvic exams are important in monitoring your gynecologic health and screening for infection, inflammation or other abnormal cells that may indicate disease.
During the exam, the doctor will examine your breasts and pelvic organs for any abnormalities or changes. The Pap smear consists of removing some tissue from the cervix for the pathologist to examine. An annual exam is one of the most important steps you can take in preventing disorders of the pelvic organs including cervical and ovarian cancer.
Contraception Counseling and Management
Deciding on the best form of contraception is an individual decision between the patient and her health care provider.
- Depo-provera – Injectable progesterone hormone injection given every three months
- Implantable device
- Permanent birth contral through minimally invasive in-office surgery
- Oral contraceptives
- Intrauterine device (IUD) – Provides birth control for 5 to 10 years following placement
- Nuva Ring – Vaginal contraceptive
MonaLisa Touch Laser Therapy
When estrogen levels decline after menopause, many changes occur. Millions of women experience changes in their gynecologic health that interfere with their personal lives as a consequence. Many women suffer silently, and those who seek treatment find their options limited.
MonaLisa Touch delivers gentle laser energy to the vaginal wall tissue that stimulates a healing response in the vaginal canal. This vaginal rejuvenation process is a simple procedure that takes less than 5 minutes. A typical course of treatment is three procedures over 18 weeks.
Additional Gynecological Services:
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Menopause Evaluation and Treatment
- Abdominal sonography
- Gynecological surgery
Evaluation and Treatment of:
- Abnormal pap smear
- Abnormal bleeding
- Pelvic and vaginal infections including bacterial vaginosis, vaginal candidasis (yeast) and trichomonasis
We do many procedures in the office for the evaluation and treatment of an abnormal pap smear. Below are links for comprehensive information on each procedure.